Monday, November 17, 2014

Honeymoon Series: Dubrovnik, Croatia

Over the summer, my husband and I went on our honeymoon shortly after our wedding. We visited many cool places, and you can read about all of that in this post. I'm going to be chronicling each stop on our amazing trip. Today's post will feature our favorite photos from our third stop: Dubrovnik, Croatia.

(I will update the links below once all posts have been written and published.)

STOP 1 | STOP 2 | STOP 3 | STOP 4 | STOP 5 | STOP 6 | STOP 7 | STOP 8 | STOP 9

When Dan first surprised me with a cruise while we were still in Venice, I was shocked! Finding out that we would be cruising around the Mediterranean was even more shocking! I had never pictured going to some of the places we did, but it was amazing, and we enjoyed it very much.

We stopped first in Dubrovnik, Croatia. It was raining when we got off the ship, but we didn't let that stop us. We spent a full day outside exploring the old city and trying Croatian beer. It was a blast, and we were even able to take a cable car up a mountain for gorgeous views of the Adriatic Sea and the rest of the city! What a fun experience.











It was surreal seeing a normal functioning city that had been devastated by war in the 1990's. Parts of Dubrovnik had been bombed, and there was still cannons standing over the waters. It was so foreign to me to see a place that had been through so much and was so awesome now. They have really bounced back and offer a lot of charm. We would head back to Croatia to explore some more... and luckily we were able to hit another city later in our trip! But that's another post for another day... 
  • Have you ever been to Croatia?
  • What was your favorite part of it?

4 comments:

  1. Your honeymoon series is going to kill me. I am anxious to get back to traveling and seeing new sites! My favorite pic is the selfie on the bottom row of the last collage. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I have never been there before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously? Croatia? that is so cool!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - I'm just now playing catch-up on your blog & I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan....so all I can see when you post pictures of Dubrovnik is King's Landing, because the city of Dubrovnik is where they film a huge chunk of the show! Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete