Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Honeymoon Series: Paris, France

Over the summer, my husband and I went on our honeymoon shortly after our wedding. We visited many cool places, and you can read about all of that in this post. I'm going to be chronicling each stop on our amazing trip. Today's post will feature our favorite photos from our seventh stop: Paris, France

(I will update the links below once all posts have been written and published.)

STOP 1 | STOP 2 | STOP 3 | STOP 4 | STOP 5 | STOP 6 | STOP 7 | STOP 8 | STOP 9

Where do I even begin with this post? Paris is a place I had wanted to visit my entire life. I took six years of French, and I wanted to visit Paris more than any other place. I am so happy to report that it did not disappoint! All of the sights we went to were magical. Walking around the city was like a dream - seriously. I LOVED Paris, and I would go back in a heartbeat.

In fact, I really want to for a couple of reasons. 1) We definitely did not get to do everything on our list. It's just such a huge city, and we only had three days there. 2) I was really sick. I had a bad inner ear infection from the sleeper train we took to get from Venice to Paris after our cruise. I even ended up going to the emergency room at the American Hospital of Paris - where they actually still only spoke French - go figure. Instead of staying in, though, I fought my way through the city and still enjoyed it very much.

I'd love to go back when I'm 100% healthy and enjoy it even more. The bread was good, the cheese was good, and the wine & champagne were superb. Dan and I both enjoyed this part of our trip a lot. Seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time from across the city made me jump up and down. Going to the top was AMAZING. The Arc du Triomphe was even better - there's just so much history surrounding it. Checking out the Sacré Couer at sunset was unbelievable, and the Notre Dame Cathedral, flying buttresses and all, was incredible. 

Every time I look through these pictures, I smile and think about how amazing our honeymoon was. I think this stop actually came in second place, though. My number one is coming up in my next honeymoon series post, though, so be on the lookout for that! 
































  • Have you ever been to Paris?
  • What is your favorite thing to do there?
  • Is Paris on your wish-list?

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible! :) This is certainly on my bucket list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked Paris! France is one of those places I don't HAVE to visit (but I want to see the sights of Paris, strange!) I can't wait to read more of your honeymoon posts-- they give me serious wanderlust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Paris when I was young. I'd LOVE to go back. I love French food so much.

    ReplyDelete