Friday, February 27, 2015

Macaroni & Corn Bake: Recipe

Today's Food Friday brings you one of my favorite comfort food meals of all time. Seriously, this one takes the cake. It's so good, but watch out - you may just want to eat the entire pan at once. I have to portion it out as soon as it's out of the oven so I don't eat too much at once.


If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you know how much I love macaroni and cheese. You can check out my favorite side dish mac & cheese here and the mac & cheese burritos with green chilies that I loved here. But today is all about the macaroni and corn. Mmmmm.

I've been making this since college. It's actually one of the first recipes I ever mastered, and it's what I would take with me whenever there was a social get-together. (This or zucchini casserole, which I'll hopefully be sharing soon as well). It's such a crowd pleaser, and it's something not everyone thinks of.

Seriously - just check out the cheesiness. It's so ooey-gooey good.

And the best part? You can use whatever cheese you like best OR whatever cheese you happen to have in your fridge! It doesn't matter (though I do like it best with sharp cheddar myself, but this one has Swiss and mozzarella added in as well because I had annoying amounts of it left in my fridge, just waiting to be used up).


I know, I know. You're dying for the recipe now. Well, here it is. Enjoy... and I mean it!


  • Do you like macaroni and cheese?
  • What's your favorite thing to mix with it?
  • What is your all-time favorite comfort food?


    

4 comments:

  1. Yes please! This looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds way too easy and absolutely delicious!! Pinning this for sure. My whole fam will love it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do the same ingredients, except butter, just in the crockpot. Soooo good!

    ReplyDelete