Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The 12 Days of Christmas: Spouse Edition

If you follow me on Instagram, this won't be news to you... but for the 12 days leading up to Christmas, I surprised my handsome husband with one gift each day that corresponded with the number for that day. Well, every day matched the number except day one. I think I'd be a pretty terrible wife if I made an entire batch of delicious cookies and only gave him one.


Each day when he came home from classes, I gave him that day's gift. He loved it, and I felt like a rockstar wife having something for him each of those days. I highly recommend doing this (or something similar - there are 14 days of Valentines as well that people do in February) because it was a lot of fun for both of us!

Here's what I did for each day... but they can easily be changed up to match what your husband loves! You don't HAVE to coordinate the gift with the day number, either - I just did that because I'm like that.

Day 1 - red velvet cookies

Day 2 - a "pair" of running socks

Day 3 - three new books

Day 4 - four specialty coffees

Day 5 - one journal and four pens

Day 6 - a six-pack of beer

Day 7 - a movie, popcorn, three candies, and two sodas

Day 8 - eight magnets that symbolize his time at USAFA

Day 9 - a collage of the nine cities we honeymooned in

Day 10 - a $10 gift card for when he forgets his lunch

Day 11 - eleven 'open when' letters

Day 12 - twelve local restaurants to try in 2015

And these are the tags I made to put on each gift. Aren't they cute? I've included a link to download them in a PDF file at the end of this post!


To download the 12 Days of Christmas printable tags in full size, CLICK HERE to open a PDF - I recommend printing them on cardstock so they are sturdy enough to attach to your packages!

  • Have you ever done the 12 Days of Christmas? 
  • Do you have any suggestions for each of the numbered days?

6 comments:

  1. I love that you did this! I may have to steal this idea for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea!! I think I might have to try this for my husband's birthday this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome and so creative! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice! I've never done this before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun idea! We LOVED Sunrise Cafe while we were there! Also, have you tried Thai 9 yet in downtown Dayton? I have some fun memories there and remember the food being really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I'll have to remember this for next year! I mean, this year.

    ReplyDelete