Monday, January 26, 2015

Sick of Being Sick: A Trip to the ER

A few months ago, I wrote a post about my awful joint pain that flares up from time to time. It was back last week in my left elbow, and it was miserable. It was while we were visiting friends in Philadelphia, but my husband is awesome and helped me through it. There's no medicine I can take that makes it better, so it's really just a waiting game.

We do think that it was for sure caused by an antibiotic in the 'flox' category, though. It's promising knowing where it came from, but.... unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about it, so I may just be stuck with this crazy pain from time to time for... ever.

On top of that, I had a crazy sinus infection and ear infection. Actually, I think I still do. I've been drinking all kinds of green juice and trying to pump my body full of nutrients. I'm using my Neti pot (nasal irrigation) once or twice a day to clear everything out. And yet, it got worse and worse until finally, it triggered my asthma to act up.

On Saturday, I had a hard time breathing throughout much of the day. I kept using my nebulizer machine for albuterol breathing treatments, but ultimately, Dan took me to the ER around 9PM. It wasn't fun, but they fixed me up quickly at Wright-Patterson AFB and sent me on my way home.

It was like a miracle... except that as I write this (on Sunday evening), my chest tightness is back. I hate this, and I just want to feel better.

At least my husband cheers me up with cupcakes. It's all a girl can ask for, right?

[My half birthday was last week, and all I wanted was a cupcake. My husband thought it would be humorous to bring me lots of different kinds because he thought celebrating a half birthday was ridiculous. Oh well - I still got lots of muffins / cupcakes.]

[carrot cake muffins from Panera are the best]

Sorry for ranting about this. I am not really posting this to ask for sympathy but moreso just to get it off my chest. If you're the praying type, I would appreciate some prayers to kick this nasty bug.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better.

    All those cupcakes look amazing. I love Panera bread stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of hugs your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you! I know that awful tightness in your chest all too well. Asthma makes sickness so much harder! Also, I'm super happy to see someone else in the world who believes in the benefits of a neti pot! You can really clear out your sinuses and fight sickness if you get to it in time! I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon! Those cupcakes look amazing! I wish I had of had something for my half birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you are able to find something to help with all this. Until than thankfully you have a sweet husband who knows when to pack on the extra sweetness. (See what I did there...) Feel better friend!

    ReplyDelete