Friday, November 8, 2013

Recipe: Vegetarian Stuffing

As we approach Thanksgiving, I've decided to showcase some of my absolute FAVORITE vegetarian side dishes. Since I don't eat turkey, I live on sides during the holidays... and I wouldn't have it any other way! Side dishes are the BEST, so I'll be posting one recipe a week until Thanksgiving to give ideas to my fellow vegetarians (or anyone with taste buds, really). 

*Note: if you are making this vegetarian, please check the ingredients on the stuffing package. Many include cooked chicken, chicken stock/broth, and/or chicken fat. I have found that many of the name brands are off limits, but the store brand where I live (Safeway) is completely meat-free!

Ingredients Needed:1 Package Stuffing Mix
1/2 Onion (chopped)
5 Celery Stalks (chopped)
3-4 Carrots (chopped)
1/2 Cup Butter (melted)
1 1/2 Cups Water or Broth (I use vegetarian "No Chicken" broth from Whole Foods)

The Recipe:
1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Add onion, celery, and carrot, and sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add stuffing mix to saucepan.
4. Add water or broth a little at a time, tossing to mix.
5. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment