Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Busy Summer

This summer has been crazy busy so far.

School got out, and I attended the Air Force Academy Ring Dance that weekend. We rented a house in Breckenridge with friends and had a blast.

Then, our friends Lucy and Simon visited us all the way from England. We did all the typical Colorado tourist attractions, and we drove to the Grand Canyon and to Las Vegas for some fun with them.

Dan left for his time working at a Boy Scout camp, and Lucy and Simon headed back to the UK... and I had one lazy week around the house.

And then I drove home to Kansas City, where I am right now. I'm spending time with my family and seeing some friends. It's been fun so far, but my drive was not so normal.

You see, it's usually bright and sunny for the entire ten hour drive... kind of boring, right? This time, I drove through an INTENSE storm before I even got out of Colorado. We needed the rain for sure, but this was eerie.

these clouds were SO dark!
I had never seen anything like this before, even growing up in tornado alley in Missouri. This was SO cool, and I couldn't stop looking at it. Have I mentioned that I *LOVE* severe weather? I really do. I'm such a geek. 

I'm having fun here, but I can't wait to see my handsome fiancé in about a week and a half! He is already half way done with his time in New Mexico, and I'm ready to have him back! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The storm was pretty scary to drive through, but it looked SO COOL. I was in awe, but I was glad to finally get away from it!

      Delete