Friday, July 19, 2013

Book Review: Matched Trilogy

Recently, I found a series on Goodreads that sounded fabulous. I bought the first book, and as I devoured it, I knew I would have to buy the other two in the trilogy. Matched, Crossed, and Reached by Ally Condie were great, fun books that kept me interested the whole way through.

 

These weren't the best written novels I've ever read. No, they weren't bad, but they just don't stand up to the caliber of a couple other books I've read recently. The stories were superb, though, and that's what matters.

Goodreads provides an excellent synopsis of book one, Matched, saying:

"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow."


Doesn't that just draw you in right away? I don't know about you, but I'm totally a sucker for all of these dystopian novels that have been coming out lately. I love the stories, and it's really cool to think about alternate ways our world COULD be going.

If you're looking for a fun little series, check out the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie!

No comments:

Post a Comment